Symptoms of Bad RAM
How do I know if there is a problem with my RAM? Some of the symptoms of your computer’s memory may be another problem with your machine rather than the memory, however, we have provided the most common symptoms that could indicate a fault with your machines RAM.
- Your laptop or PC crashes intermittently.
- Computer freezes.
- Files are randomly corrupted.
- Blue screen of death.
- Beeps occurring during booting.
- The computer doesn’t boot at all.
- Computer randomly reboots.
- Distorted graphics on your computer screen.
- Performance of your machine deteriorates over time.
- You see a blue screen with white text as your computer boot.s
- Installation of programs fails.
What can you do if you have a problem with your RAM?
Replace the RAM by trying another stick.
Test your ram with a diagnostic tool such as Memtest86+ or DocMemory.
How does your RAM get damaged?
Fault in the memory module.
A power surge – we recommend that you use a surge protector.
Fault in the memory slot.
The good news is that if you need to replace your ram on your computer it is a relatively inexpensive repair that we do all the time.
Please remember though that the symptoms provided above could be an indication of bad ram but may also be a symptom of another problem with your computer which may or may not be such a simple repair job.
How do I know if there is a problem with my RAM?
This article was written by Affordable Computer Repairs and Service, 48 Octantis Street, Coorparoo, Qld.